At Hillcrest Early Years Academy, we follow Snap Science to enable us to follow a dynamic, comprehensive programme of study from Reception to Year 2.
We aim for all children to:
- develop scientific knowledge and conceptual understanding
- develop understanding of the nature, processes and methods of science through different types of science enquiries that help them to answer scientific questions about the world around them develop knowledge and understanding of important scientific ideas, processes and skills and relate these to everyday experiences;
- equip children with the scientific knowledge required to understand the uses and implications of science, today and for the future.
- to develop attitudes of curiosity, originality, co-operation, perseverance, open mindedness, self-criticism, responsibility and independence in thinking;
- learn about ways of thinking and of finding out about and communicating ideas;
- retain and develop their natural sense of curiosity about the world around them;
- ask and answer scientific questions;
- develop the accurate use of scientific vocabulary through a range of enjoyable and interesting experiences;
- develop the skills to make systematic enquiries.